May 4, 2017
Ackerman & Co. Retail Group Boosts Capacity for Growth with Membership in Realty Resources Network
Retail group also wins new assignments to expand its third-party leasing and tenant representation portfolios.
Atlanta, May 4, 2017 – As part of the ongoing growth of its retail services division, Ackerman & Co. announced today it has joined Realty Resources Network Inc., an alliance of independent commercial real estate firms. The company’s membership in the peer network provides access to retail specialists from across the U.S. and the ability to participate in information sharing among members, key benefits that will help Ackerman as it expands into new markets and continues to strengthen its retail services platform.
“Ackerman is a well-established and full-line commercial real estate brokerage house that brings Realty Resources an important set of skills at a time when retail is expanding its reach to incorporate mixed uses in traditional retail settings,” said Andrew G. Segall, Chairman of Realty Resources Network. “Ackerman’s multiple disciplines add to a major market such as Atlanta what Realty Resources already offers in other major markets across the U.S.”
Added Leo Wiener, President of Ackerman Retail, Ackerman & Co.’s retail division: “We’re thrilled to join Realty Resources Network. This is an excellent opportunity for us to improve our capabilities with a partnership that provides us a wide-array of resources, including access to local expertise in markets where Ackerman Retail is looking to grow. We also look forward to sharing a booth with Realty Resources at the upcoming ICSC /RECon conference in Las Vegas May 21-24. Attending the world’s largest retail real estate convention is a great chance for us to visit with long-standing clients and network with new contacts.”
Ackerman Retail is also pleased to announce the following leasing and tenant representation wins:
- New Market Properties has selected Ackerman Retail to market three grocery-anchored shopping centers for lease in metro Atlanta. Courtney Brumbelow, senior vice president of Ackerman Retail, will lead the leasing efforts.
- The properties include Royal Lakes Marketplace, a 119,493-square-foot Kroger-anchored shopping center located at 4009 Winder Highway in Flowery Branch, which offers a prime location at the intersection of Winder Highway and Sloan Mill Road adjacent to the Royal Lakes Golf and Country Club community.
- The other two properties Ackerman Retail will market are Thompson Bridge Commons, a 92,587-square-foot Kroger-anchored shopping center located at 3630 Thompson Bridge Road at the intersection of Mount Vernon Road in Gainesville, and Wade Green Village, a 74,978-square-foot Publix shopping center at 4430 Wade Green Road in Kennesaw, located less than one mile from Interstate 75. Each property features multiple entry/exit points, a strong mix of national and local retailers, and the opportunity for tenants to occupy a single unit or to expand multiple units into a larger space.
- In addition, Interface Properties has selected Ackerman Retail to market the Shoppes on Sugarloaf. Brumbelow will lead leasing efforts at the 16,600-square-foot shopping center strategically located on Sugarloaf Parkway in Gwinnett County, adjacent to Infinite Energy Center and its upcoming 110-acre mixed-use entertainment district, which will include a mix of housing, shops and restaurants.
The Retail group’s Brian Lefkoff, senior vice president and head of Tenant Representation, joined Ackerman & Co. this past March and already has secured two national accounts:
- My Salon Suite, a New Orleans-based upscale salon suite franchise, has hired Lefkoff to lead its expansion initiatives across the U.S. and Canada. The company, which currently has more than 40 locations in 16 states and in Canada, plans to add 200 franchise partners and 300 salons in the next five years.
In August 2015, My Salon Suite formed a strategic alliance partnership with Ratner Companies, the nation’s largest family-owned collection of salons, which contributed to a 20 percent surge in franchise locations in 2016. The brand was also named to Entrepreneur magazine’s Franchise 500 list in March, ranking at #141.
The company offers franchisees state-of-the-art amenities and security systems, ongoing training and support, and an alternative financing program.
- Building Kidz School, a leader in early childhood care and education, which currently has eight locations in California with plans to move into major markets across the U.S. Lefkoff will identify and help select optimal sites for new Building Kidz School campus locations.
The Mountain View, Calif.-based company delivers a kindergarten readiness program, kindergarten and school age programs, and after school programs. Building Kidz School offers a proprietary curriculum featuring a specialization in performing arts.
In addition to these new assignments, Lefkoff’s high-profile accounts include Regal Cinemas, Rack Room Shoes, Off Broadway Shoes and Pearle Vision.
“These wins are a great indication of our ability to secure high-profile assignments in our core market of Atlanta as well as national accounts, which is representative of our Retail division’s long-term strategy for growth,” said Wiener.
– About Ackerman & Co. –
Headquartered in Atlanta, Ackerman & Co. is a privately held, full-service commercial real estate firm focused on providing quality investment, brokerage, management and development services in the Southeast. The company, founded in 1967, retains an expert team of more than 100 real estate professionals. To date, Ackerman & Co. has developed and acquired nearly 35 million square feet of office, medical, industrial, retail and mixed-use space, has more than 7 million square feet under management, and maintains an investment portfolio valued at $1 billion. For more information, visit www.ackermanco.com
– About Realty Resources Network –
Established in 1988, Realty Resources Network, Inc. is a unique alliance of independent commercial real estate brokerage firms from across the nation. Our firms are well established and well known in the retail real estate industry, enjoying dominance in their respective trade areas. For more information on Realty Resources Network, visit www.realtyresources.org