March 27, 2009
Ackerman & Co. Hires Top Land Sales Team
Ackerman & Co. announced today that it has tapped one of the city’s top land transaction and investment sales advisory teams as part of its efforts to expand its brokerage division with senior level talent.
The team from Bullock Mannelly Partners joining Ackerman & Co. includes:
- John T. Speros, Senior Vice President has over 25 years of commercial real estate experience and focused his investment sales activity on high profile land parcels along major growth corridors throughout the Southeast. He has been awarded the Alvin B. Cates Award for the most outstanding commercial real estate transaction in Atlanta in two of the last five years. Mr. Speros has also developed a number of high end self storage facilities throughout the Southeast.
- Larry Wood, Senior Vice President has more than 35 years of experience and has won the Alvin B. Cates Award three times during his career. He has focused on retail/commercial properties including the sale of over 125 regional mall peripheral development sites. In additional, he has represented Rooms To Go Furniture in the acquisition of over 50 sites for development of retail stores in the Southeast.
- Sean Patrick , Vice President, has over 12 years of commercial real estate experience has focused on infill mixed use transactions and hotel land transactions throughout the Southeast. He amassed more than $65 million in investment sales and land brokerage transactions since beginning his investments sales career in 2001, including a $9 million mixed-use land sale of Deerfield Green, $8 million hotel land sale at Orlando Gateway, and a switch facility for Verizon Wireless.
- Kyle Gable, Vice President, has an appraisal background and has specialized in the sale of lender owned assets including raw land, developed lots throughout Metropolitan Atlanta.
- The team together has been involved in more than $200 million in transactions in the last five years. In particular, John and Larry have been behind some of Atlanta’s most influential and noteworthy commercial real estate developments
- Their land sales have led to such projects as Hines Interests’ Overton Park and Perimeter Summit, Sembler’s Edgewood Retail District in East Atlanta, Trammell Crow Residential’s Alexan 360 multifamily project on Freedom Parkway and the InterContinental Hotel in Buckhead. Given the current market conditions, they will focus their effort on the distressed asset advisory services into 2010.
Ackerman’s latest hires are part of a larger concerted effort taking shape in 2009 for the firm to emphasize new business opportunities with land, multifamily and retail investments sales Earlier this year, Ackerman & Co. purchased the Atlanta boutique real estate firm SouthPointe Partners for an undisclosed sum, adding a multifamily and retail specialty to the company with veteran professionals, including Tennyson Williams. And most recently, Ackerman hired Gina DeRaffele from CB Richard Ellis Group Inc. as a senior member of its tenant representative team.
“With John Speros, Larry Wood, Sean Patrick and Kyle Gable, Ackerman & Co. now has even more of the significant brokers in town among its staff,” said F. Keene Miller, President of Brokerage with Ackerman & Co.
– ABOUT ACKERMAN –
Headquartered in Atlanta, Ackerman & Co. is one of the oldest full-service commercial real estate companies in the southeastern United States. Our expertise in four primary disciplines —brokerage, development, investment and management — enables us to quickly and effectively respond to our clients and create value through innovative real estate solutions.